Qigong Shiba Shi First Set (10 Minutes):
Begin in Wuji Stance - stand with feet shoulder width apart, arms hang down, palms face in to thighs, slightly tuck in the chin, relax the entire body, knees slightly bent, a clear mind and remain in this posture for about a minute.
- Awakening the Qi - Commencing form and regulating breathing (watch)
起势调息 Qǐ shì diào xī.
- Expanding Your Chest (watch)
开扩胸怀 Kāi kuò xiōnghuái.
- Painting A Rainbow (watch)
挥舞彩虹 Huīwǔ cǎihóng.
- Separating The Clouds - with circling arms (watch)
轮臂分云 Lún bì fēn yún.
- Cycling The Arms - twisting waist & swinging arms (watch)
定步倒卷肱 Dìng bù dào juǎn gōng.
- Rowing A Boat - in the middle of the lake (watch)
湖心劃船 Hú xīn huáchuán.
- Lifting the Sun - holding a ball in front of the shoulders
肩前托球 Jiān qián tuō qiú.
- Gazing At The Moon
转体望月 Zhuǎn tǐ wàngyuè.
- Twisting Waist and Pushing Palms
轉腰推掌 Zhuǎn yāo tuīzhǎng.
- Riding A Horse and Swaying Arms
马步云手 Mǎbùyún shiu.
- Scooping From The Sea and Looking At The Sky
捞海观天 Lāo hǎi guān tiān.
- Push the Wave - coming and going of waves
推波助浪 Tuī bō zhù làng.
- Let The Dove Free - the flying dove spreads its wings
飞鸽展翅 Fēi gē zhǎnchì.
- Punching The Mud - punching with outstretched arms
伸臂冲拳 Shēn bì chōng quán.
- The Wild Goose Flying
大雁飞翔 Dàyàn fēixiáng.
- Hug and Swing the Sun - spinning wheels
环转飞轮 Huán zhuǎn fēilún.
- Stepping While Bouncing the Ball
踏步拍球 Tàbù pāi qiú.
- Quieting the Qi - Pressing the palms in calmness
按掌平气 Àn zhǎng píng qì.
Finish in Holding a Qi Ball Stance - stand with feet shoulder width apart, palms face the Dantian like holding a Ball in front of Dantian, relax the entire body, slightly tuck in the chin, bend both knees, a clear mind and remain in this posture for about 5 minutes.
气功十八式 Qìgōng shíbā shì (18 Forms) extracts some of the best movements from the Yang style Tai Chi Chuan. It places emphasis on synchronising the 18 movements with proper breathing techniques. It is a gentle, beautiful and flowing Qigong exercise routine that is both a joy to do and deeply relaxing.
The Tai Chi Qigong Shiba Shi Series was created by Professor Lin Housheng from China. The First Set of 18 movements (Shiba Shi) was created in 1979.
- Professor Lin Housheng (website).
- Shiba Shi Instruction Manual by Suzie Nunes is a certified QiGong instructor at QiGongOasis.com.
- Shiba Shi Instruction Manual from TaiChi18.com.
- Shiba Shi Instruction Manual by Ronnie Robinson at chirontaichi.co.uk.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZPp2HXw9Zg (long version)
Updated On: 16.12.26