Health Qigong - Liu Zi Jue
The Six Healing Sounds or Liu Zi Jue (六字诀) is one of the common forms of Chinese qigong, and involves the coordination of movement and breathing patterns with specific sounds.
The six characters in Liu Zi Jue form a whole entity, and each of them is independent as well, and may be practised separately. The respiration and pronunciation practice is taken up with simple actions of Qigong.
- 噓 XU like 'she' with the lips rounded, 'deep sigh' or 'hiss', level the Liver Qi.
- 呵 HE like 'huh', 'yawn' or 'laughing sound', supplement the Heart Qi.
- 呼 HU like 'who', 'to sigh,' 'to exhale,' or 'to call', cultivate or Shore Up the Spleen/Pancreas Qi.
- 呬 SI [pronounced like 'sir'] - 'to rest', supplement the Lung Qi.
- 吹 CHUI like 'chway' or 'chwee', 'to blow out,' 'to blast,' or 'to puff', supplement the Kidney Qi.
- 嘻 XI - like 'she' with tongue high, and well forward, in the mouth, 'mirthful', regulate the Triple Burner Qi.
Updated On: 18.09.29